The Sunday Assembly is a non-religious congregation that celebrates life. Our aim is to provoke and inspire, challenge and change. We rest upon the realization that we only get one life, therefore we should do the best we can.
Our motto: Live Better, Help Often, Wonder More.
Live Better. We aim to provide inspiring, thought-provoking and practical ideas that help people to live the lives they want to lead and be the people they want to be.
Help Often. We are a community of action building lives of purpose, encouraging us all to help anyone who needs it.
Wonder More. Hearing talks, singing together, and exploring the vast cosmos of the human mind helps us connect with each other and the awesome world we live in.
- Is 100% celebration of life. We are born from nothing and go to nothing. Let’s enjoy it together.
- Has no doctrine. We have no set texts, so we can make use of wisdom from all sources.
- Has no deity. We don’t do supernatural but we also won’t tell you you’re wrong if you do.
- Is radically inclusive. Everyone is welcome, regardless of their beliefs – this is a place of love that is open and accepting.
- Is free to attend, not-for-profit and volunteer run. We ask for donations to cover our costs and support our community work.
- Has a community mission. We want to be a force for good.
- Is independent. We do not accept sponsorship or promotion from outside businesses, organizations or services.
- Is here to stay. With your involvement, The Sunday Assembly will make the world a better place.
- We won’t tell you how to live, but will try to help you do it as well as you can.
- And remember point 1… The Sunday Assembly is a celebration of the one life we know we have.